Amorgos island has many local cheeses such as xynomyzithra, kopanisti
- Kefalotiri: Quite a salty white cheese. It has a spicy and salty taste.
- Ladotiri: A hard and salty cheese that matures in olive oil.
- Malaka: A soft and particularly tasty cheese.
- Mizithra: A white cheese with soft consistency prepared in special moulds.
- Xynomyzithra: Opt for this cheese instead of classic feta in your tomato salad and you will not be disappointed! Its creamy texture blends harmoniously with capers and leaves a lovely taste that will tickle your palate! You can add salt to make it tastier.
- Xinotiro: It is similar to Xynomyzithra the difference being that it is left to dry for several weeks until it becomes hard as stone.
- Kopanisti: A soft peppery cheese, with a spicy taste. It is served as a starter.
- Anthotiro: A soft cheese with butter and very little salt.